Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Are NPrinting GUIDs entities univocal in DB?

Hello,

I'm developing a monitor for NPrinting.

GUIDs of entities in NPrinting are univocal in DB or in table? Is an information that could be divulged?

Thanks

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The simple answer is "Yes" they are. This is however knowledge based not on divuldged secret, but only on my observation of NPrinting DB repository. 

At the end repository is just a Postgress DB which you can preview with pgAdmin tool and learn all types and settings of fields/tables used in it.

details about how to are here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Repository-Database-Name/td-p/133...

note:

you are doing it on your own risk and accessing DB via PG admin with admin credentials can damage it!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you for your reply.

I've analyzed the DB. The GUIDs (32 hex char) garanted certainly a lot of combination but if the GUIDs isn't univocal in DB there's possibility (rare) that are replicatde in different tables. So probably is better if I load them as different ID.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ohhh. i thought you were talking about GUID being univocal within single table...not withing entire DB.

That i will not be able to answer, but you can always qualify all values with table prefix

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, I've qualified the IDs. I was looking for a simple solution.

Thank you