Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poooja
Creator
Creator

Assigning Multiple filters

Hi Qlikies,

I have  set of users to distribute the NPrinting Report. And they have their own filters like i mentioned below. we are importing filters by Excel. 

Filters Sheet:

Filter 1 = {UK,US}

Filter 2 = {UK,France}

Filter 3 = {Italy}

Filter 4 = {France,Italy,US}

Users sheet:

User 1 = Filter 1

User 2 = Filter 2

User 3 = Filter 3

User 4 = Filter 4

I have below questions:

1. Is there a way we can mention like Filter 1 ={UK}, Filter 2={USA}. And Users 1=Filter 1, Filter 2??? (I have more than 80 countries and there 100+ users with different filters. So thought if anything like this format will be easier)

2. Any idea how many values we can give inside the filters. Filter1 = {UK, USA,Canada like that}

Any tips would be helpful!!

Thanks,

Pooja

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Each assigned filter works as an "AND" condition, so you have to create individual filters for all distinct combinations of selections which need to be applied. There is not way you can "merge" filters which use the same field to apply selections as they will always create empty set.

In terms of values listed in a filter i dont think there is a limit. The only limit....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Each assigned filter works as an "AND" condition, so you have to create individual filters for all distinct combinations of selections which need to be applied. There is not way you can "merge" filters which use the same field to apply selections as they will always create empty set.

In terms of values listed in a filter i dont think there is a limit. The only limit....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Its helps me a lot.

Regards,

Pooja