Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Automation of Metadata Reload in NPrinting

Hi all,

We have connected QlikView document with NPrinting Server using qvp connection and the data in the Qlikview document is getting updated frequently.So because of that we need to reload the metadata in NPrinting. Right now its a manual process of reloading the metadata and we have requirement to automate this process .

Wanted to know  what are the possible approaches for it

djk

Regards

Bhargav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why do you want to update the metadata? Do you need it for creating your reports?

The distribution will use the data stored in your QlikView Document. So it’s enough if you have a reload task created in the QMC.

Wouter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why do you want to update the metadata? Do you need it for creating your reports?

The distribution will use the data stored in your QlikView Document. So it’s enough if you have a reload task created in the QMC.

Wouter

bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for replying,

As per my understanding from your comments, the data that is getting refreshed in Qlikview document from  Qlikview server is also getting fetched continuously by the NPrinting Server through qvp connection and so there is no need of reloading the metadata.Can you please confirm this.

Regards,

Bhargav

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Correct

jonopitchford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Wouter,

Are you using QlikView Publisher to reload the qlikview documents?

and the same question to you Bhargav.

From my understanding if you refresh your qlikview document through publisher it does refresh the data but not through the qlikview server scheduler. I'm wondering if this is still the case.

thanks

Jonathan

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I’m not sure if I understood your question. But I have a reload task in the QMC for my QlikView Document. This task is stared at 8am. It is finished in a few minutes.

The publish task will start at 9am. This task will distribute a report with the data from the QlikView document from 8am.

bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jonathan,

We are not using Publisher right now.So according to you if we use scheduler then the data does not get refreshed in NPrinting. So can you please tell me what will be the possible approach for achieving it

Warm Regards,

Bhargav