Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III

Avoid "Failed" task status

Hi Guys

how I can have a "warn" message and not a "failed" status when I run a task with a condition .

girard_ben_0-1619779555107.png

I just want to trigger email when the "table" has value (so I setuped a condition based on that")

when the report run I have a "failed" error  status but  I'm looking for a "warn" message, it's not an error at all, it's what I'm expecting. (like I have in the details logs )

girard_ben_1-1619779811720.png

So maybe I put the conditions at the wronge place , I tested several cases, and all of them generated a "failed" status.

In NP16, I have what I want for ex : I have a warning message (no Error or failed message)

Warning Warning (verify filter): filter created empty result: Date {=date(today()-1): 27/04/2021}

so I someone has an idea, he is welcome.

regards

Benoît

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi  @Frank_S ,

thanks a lot for your help on this topic. Sorry I did not get you when you say "Trying to union a report filter and a task filter using the same dimension cause a rule break."

I did not use the same dimension in the report and task definition.  Or maybe it's due to the "conditions" rule  ? 

In my scenario, it's very simple. I did an inline statement 

LOAD * INLINE [
Product, Quantity
A, 10
B, 20
];

And after I create a conditions on the table in my case "TB01" should have values.

And I create  Publish task with a filter on Product = C  -> in that scenerio I'm assuming I did not want to receive a report because the report will be empty. 

If i did the same, without any filter on the published task and I load the table with nothing to have an empty table.. the conditions is correctly evaluated

May 3, 2021 11:31:13 AM Info Conditions evaluated to false for report d21f94ba-ce6b-430c-a96e-15d54cd9364b user 696e565a-a275-4028-8207-3b9bee3fc9eb

So the conclusion for me to avoid "failed" status message in the log , I need to trigger a nprinting sent only and only when it's needed. (I know only at least one report will be generated)

I explain, I have some tables to check discrepancies, and they are populated only when I have error/issues- > they are sent to the rigth people.

I did a new test, with exactly the same table, with a new user based filter on the "product A" and I runed the task with the 2 user selected.

The result : I have the desired "status" information -> "Warn" message.

My final conclusion :

• assign a variable in the QlikView app, evaluated at the end of the reload  and made a condition in NP17 assign to it 
  • or trigger the report generation with the NP API once it's needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @girard_ben 

This error is expected when you use the same dimension for a user, report, task, image or table object.

Trying to union a report filter and a task filter using the same dimension cause a rule break.

So use the dimension as a filter once as a user filter or report filter or task or image/table object filter

For more information about Filter rules:

See example 4:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi  @Frank_S ,

thanks a lot for your help on this topic. Sorry I did not get you when you say "Trying to union a report filter and a task filter using the same dimension cause a rule break."

I did not use the same dimension in the report and task definition.  Or maybe it's due to the "conditions" rule  ? 

In my scenario, it's very simple. I did an inline statement 

LOAD * INLINE [
Product, Quantity
A, 10
B, 20
];

And after I create a conditions on the table in my case "TB01" should have values.

And I create  Publish task with a filter on Product = C  -> in that scenerio I'm assuming I did not want to receive a report because the report will be empty. 

If i did the same, without any filter on the published task and I load the table with nothing to have an empty table.. the conditions is correctly evaluated

May 3, 2021 11:31:13 AM Info Conditions evaluated to false for report d21f94ba-ce6b-430c-a96e-15d54cd9364b user 696e565a-a275-4028-8207-3b9bee3fc9eb

So the conclusion for me to avoid "failed" status message in the log , I need to trigger a nprinting sent only and only when it's needed. (I know only at least one report will be generated)

I explain, I have some tables to check discrepancies, and they are populated only when I have error/issues- > they are sent to the rigth people.

I did a new test, with exactly the same table, with a new user based filter on the "product A" and I runed the task with the 2 user selected.

The result : I have the desired "status" information -> "Warn" message.

My final conclusion :

• assign a variable in the QlikView app, evaluated at the end of the reload  and made a condition in NP17 assign to it 
  • or trigger the report generation with the NP API once it's needed.
Frank_S
Support
Support

I am pleased to learn that you were able to work it out on your own!

Best regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!