Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III

Banding into separate files using Qlik NPrinting 17.4 /17.x

Hello,

I'm new to the Qlik NPrinting 17.4 version. A lot of the controls are web based but there's one I needed the most and can't seem to find is how to enable banding in a report. I'm aware of creating levels within a report but each time I run it, it loops within the same report file. What I need is separate files to be created for each value of the banding/level field. I went thru the help file but may be I missed something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hello,

report cycling is available in Qlik NPrinting 16.* but not yet in Qlik NPrinting 17.*.

We plan to add report cycles in the next release September 2017. With it you will be able to create a different file for each value of the cycled field.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hello,

report cycling is available in Qlik NPrinting 16.* but not yet in Qlik NPrinting 17.*.

We plan to add report cycles in the next release September 2017. With it you will be able to create a different file for each value of the cycled field.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

yes you can create a empty template for each cyclic value in seperate sheet and put the same template in Designer,.

sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Right. But that'll be a lot of manual work since i've got almost a hundred values in the cycle field.

thanks!

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

still i hope there is no other way even though i faced same issue but i created the templates

sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I thought we'd have to wait for report embedding feature but now it appears even cycling is a no go. I guess I'll just go back to the older version where everything worked. Don't understand why it's this way though. But thanks for the quick response!

sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Did you think of downgrading to the 16.x version where all this worked? I'm going to do that now. Just curious though as to what is good in the 17 version if neither cycling nor email embedding works whereas it worked in earlier versions?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You can use Qlik NPrinting 16 to have cycling until September 2017 when they will be available also in Qli NPrinting 17.

For a complete comparsion of the features between 16 and 17 serie you can refer to the table in the first page of the help site What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Qlik NPrinting 17 is a new pruduct and it uses only a part of the source code of Qlik NPrinting 16 in the Designer. All other parts of the source code are completely new and we are rewriting all the 16 features into the 17.

Qlik NPrinting 17 has many enterprise class new features that where not available in the 16. For example NPrinting 17 is multi-engine and multi-thread. It has the NewStand and the repository is now database based. It is a new generation of reporting for QlikView and Qlik Sense (Sense is not supported by NPrinting 16).

Best Regards,
Ruggero