Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Break nprinting task into generating reports and those reports to be sent by other task

Hi,

I am trying to get a way in which I can break nprinting task into 2 parts.

First Part- will generate report and store in a location(this is done)

second part - I want to run some macros manually over these files and take these as source for next part ie. sending mails.

This had been easier if there were no filters, but I have filters on a department. That users should receive data of their respective dept. Is there a way to do this.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Employee
Employee

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16 can send email with fixed attachments but the attachment must have always the same name and it will be sent to all the recipients. 

If you want to send a different external attachment for each recipient you need to create a different task for each recipient. I suppose this is not feasible, specially if you have many recipients. 

Another issue is that QlikView NPrinting 16 is reaching its end of life at the end of this month so I think it has not sense to develop something specific for the 16. I strongly suggest you to migrate to Qlik NPrinting 19 as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.