Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eldinkarisik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Building a condition for the import tasks if it fails

Hi all,

I have a question related to Nprinting. I have an import task that imports a xlsx file. Once this is imported there are published tasks afterwards that are fired based on this import task. 

I wonder if it is possible to create a condition that checks if this import tasks failed or not. Is there a way to create this connection without having a connection link but based purely on if this import task failed or was completed? This in turn could be used as one of the conditions in the published tasks. 

The reason for asking is because if this import tasks fails the published tasks are still triggered but will use the older xlsx version from the day before which did not fail and base the publish tasks on that which is wrong. 

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Where is imported this xlsx file ? Into NPrinting only, into a Qlik app ?

Eldinkarisik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Thomas, 

So there is a published task that creates this xlsx file. And this published task triggers a report to be made that creates this xlsx file

So this specific process it done through Nprinting only. There is a Qlik file that does checks previously on which conditions are made. However, there is no condition to check if the import task has failed or not. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please always specify what version of Qlik NPrinting you are using.

How are you triggering tasks? 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.