Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samrat_g
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

CSV Format Report Separator Change in NPrinting 17.3.1.0

Hi All,

I generated a Qlik Entity Report in NPrinting, the output format is .csv and found the separator is Comma.

In the report I want to change the separator from comma to white-space.

Is there any possible way to solve this?

The Nprinting version is: 17.3.1.0.

8 Replies
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi all,

OK, this is an old thread, but the problem still persists.

I am on NPrinting April 2018 Release (18.9.5) connecting on a Qlikview 12.something server.

Object is a straight table chart which has to be exported as CSV, but with semikolon as separator.

Qlik suggests using "SKV" as output, but surprise - "SKV" delivers exactly the same output as "CSV" with comma as separator and not a semikolon as you might expect.

So, is there a way to get a semikolon-separated file - and I am NOT talking about concatenating all expressions into one...???

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you add a Qlik Entity report into a task you can select among CSV, SKV and TAB output formats.

csv output formats.jpg

If you cannot see these options in your installation, please update it to latest available.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Thanks Ruggero, but....

... that's exactly what I did during my tests. Unfortunately the options CSV, SKV and TAB deliver EXACTLY the same output (OK, the file suffix is different). I always end up with a comma separated file.

So for me this looks like a little nasty bug, at least in 18.9.5 (which is currently my only accessible version to play with).

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is strange. I tested the solution in Qlik NPrinting June 2018 (latest GA version) before to answer you and it worked fine. I also checked the June 2018 Release Notes and there are not solved bugs on this topic.

Could you update to June 2018 and test with it?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Ruggero,

indeed a strange behaviour.

As you suggested, I did an update from April 2018 Release to June 2018 Release and now it seems to work as expected. CSV giving comma separated files, SKV giving semicolon separated files and TAB giving tabstop separated files.

Looks like not every change is worth being mentioned in the changelog...

best regards,

Edgar

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Good to know that you solved. Please mark the correct answer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

Can we do anything get a pipe delimited export?n

Thanks,

Dan

Frank_S
Support
Support

@dwh1104 

Unfortunately we don't recall that we have ever had an option for custom separators for any version of the NPrinting 17 plus platform version including NP 17.3.1.

We have the following output formats at this time but this is the list using NP 19 Sept. Release...I'm not sure if this list is the same in NP 17.3.1.

This doesn't help your requirement but it does describe what the latest output formats are.

output formats entity report.PNG

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!