cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cache Generation Failed On Specific Model

Hey All,

We are on the latest version of NPrinting (April Release) and I have successfully migrated around 5 projects to the new platform. I started a new migration today and have been having some huge headaches with cache generation.

I started the normal process this morning, creating an app, creating a connection, testing and generating the metadata. This is where things went sour and the Cache Generation failed on this new connection, strangely all other models cache generation is still working so Im really unsure where to begin. Hopefully someone can assist please.  Below images are all related to the cache generation of the model that is failing.

2.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Iv also tried opening the model just to make sure and all is fine on that end of things. Really stuck with ideas on what to attempt since every other model on my connection list is generating without hiccup.

I do have the log file but its pretty loaded with nothing obvious.

43 Replies
jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin, 

I have the exact same problem , im using local connection . The verification passes, when i reload the connection im having the same error . It works on other models but not on this specific model. we have recently upgraded to V19.9.5.0 (April 2019). How did you solve your issue ? 2.PNG

1.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - how he has solved it? Justin just said above that he used qvp connection .... as local connection was using up too much resources on NPrinting server.

Using qvp connection moves "hard work" to Qlik server.

Use session 0 to observe what is happening on the NPrinting server as well as monitor resources on NPrinting box - this will give you clear indication what can be wrong.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lech, however , in my case the Nprinting box is not even affected. when i check the resources usage , it's almost like there is nothing happening on the box, the CPU and memory do spike every now and then but that is less that 50% of the box 's resources. it almost like the process has dies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is half of the things i mentioned about - what about session 0 preview? What happens there?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech here is what's im getting in session 0Capture.PNGsession 0.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is just prompt - you need to click "View the message"

jtm3004
Contributor
Contributor

When i click on view message i get another modal that has return to message and also in the background there is a qlikview window that is trying to open a file it looks , because i can see the location path on the title . i will send the snapshot as soon as i am able to connect to the PC because it looks like it just went off . i can't RDP  into it anymore but when i ping it , it is alive. 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

there you go - looks like it is running out of resources when trying to open qvw -- hence you lost RDP connectivity as it drops first

grmultan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I have similar problem with generating cache error, but it happens while importing NPrinting 16 project. Importing process fails during generating cache step. Is it possible to use qvp connection during import process?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @grmultan

sure you can. I cannot check this at the moment so I am not sure If you can do during import or if you have to first setup qvp connection in your NP16 nsq project