cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cache Generation Failed On Specific Model

Hey All,

We are on the latest version of NPrinting (April Release) and I have successfully migrated around 5 projects to the new platform. I started a new migration today and have been having some huge headaches with cache generation.

I started the normal process this morning, creating an app, creating a connection, testing and generating the metadata. This is where things went sour and the Cache Generation failed on this new connection, strangely all other models cache generation is still working so Im really unsure where to begin. Hopefully someone can assist please.  Below images are all related to the cache generation of the model that is failing.

2.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Iv also tried opening the model just to make sure and all is fine on that end of things. Really stuck with ideas on what to attempt since every other model on my connection list is generating without hiccup.

I do have the log file but its pretty loaded with nothing obvious.

43 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Is there any other reason way you could lose the connection between the two servers?

Maybe the firewall is open, all other configuration are done but during the cache generation for some external reason the connection is lost and you get the error.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ruggero,

Iv moved the model to a local drive, re-established the connection and the issue persists.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Is the document password protected?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So, interesting discovery. The original model is around 377MB large (there is plenty of control data in the model), on my investigation with moving the file to the servers local drive I decided to open the model and "reduce data" to "no values" and saved the model as a version 2.

I edited the connection path and boom, it generated the cache, obviously with no values however for report filters now.

1.PNG

Baby steps....

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Interesting. The logs show errors also about a password.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Iv had the correct username and password with me and added to the app's connection. This was the same one we use for our NPrinting 16 task.

I modified no other settings other than cleaning out values from the model itself. This will still be a pain as we obviously require the model to load with values to apply organisational filters for our reports. Not to sure how to approach this other than splitting our model out into smaller sets more focused on that specific organisation and their relevant reports

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Try to remove the username and password in the .qvw with data and run a cache generation again.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attempting now, will post update in 5 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ruggero,

Same result with the user/password and same result without it. Passed on smaller model, Failed on larger one.

Is there any timeout config setting that can be adjusted?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok. Try to run the cache creation with the big one and open the session zero window in the server to see what happes to QlikView Desktop.

Based on what I know there is not a timeout that need to be set. I suppose that for an unknow reason QlikView crashes during the cache generation.

Best Regards,
Ruggero