cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cache Generation Failed On Specific Model

Hey All,

We are on the latest version of NPrinting (April Release) and I have successfully migrated around 5 projects to the new platform. I started a new migration today and have been having some huge headaches with cache generation.

I started the normal process this morning, creating an app, creating a connection, testing and generating the metadata. This is where things went sour and the Cache Generation failed on this new connection, strangely all other models cache generation is still working so Im really unsure where to begin. Hopefully someone can assist please.  Below images are all related to the cache generation of the model that is failing.

2.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Iv also tried opening the model just to make sure and all is fine on that end of things. Really stuck with ideas on what to attempt since every other model on my connection list is generating without hiccup.

I do have the log file but its pretty loaded with nothing obvious.

43 Replies
grmultan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech,

thank you for the reply. I have another problem you could maybe help.

While creating new qvp connection it is verified correctly (see attached picture). However, generating cache ends up with error. In nprinting_engine log we have the following description:

Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 20.10.2.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.ContentResolver 20201020T093008.739+02:00 WARN PROD-QLIK03 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Navigator stuck or died on connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://prod-qlik03/.../.../....qvw, forcing close of resolver. 1 unprocessed request(s) will be reenqueued. ERROR: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorDiedException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://prod-qlik03/.../.../....qvw;qlikviewversion=12.50.20200 process died or has been terminated and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.NavigatorDiedException: Navigator navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://prod-qlik03/.../.../....qvw;qlikviewversion=12.50.20200 process died or has been terminated and can't be used anymore to resolve requests ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)↓↓ at Qlik.QlikView.Interfaces.Field.GetPossibleValues(Int32 _MaxNoOfValues, Boolean _UseDefaultSortOrder)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.QlikViewField.GetPossibleValues(Nullable`1 numberOfValues) in C:\Jws\release-april2020-k7285I5rF\server\NPrinting\src\Engine.Navigator.QlikView\QVx\QlikViewField.cs:line 451↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QV.Resolvers.Contents.QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequestResolver...

When I save the qvw application with no data, cache generates properly. After reloading it has about 175MB. Cache is generating via server which is 24-core (2,2GHz each) machine with 130GB RAM, so it shouldn't have performance problem, I guess.

We have Qlik NPrinting April 2020 version and QlikView  server and desktop April 2020 SR2 versions.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @grmultan 

Did you check your qvw for all unsupported objects (triggers, always one selected... macros... etc...)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnection...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
grmultan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lech,

yes, I've checked. The qvw app is quite simple. Besides, NPrinting generates cache for it when I save it without data.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try minimising as many objects as possible in this app. Also check if there are any hidden sheets. Check if there are also sheets with objects which potentially can take too much time to generate object data when selections are cleared. The fact that you can generate metadata from app without data gives me idea that this may be a case....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.