Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

Calculated Expression Label in Excel Report?

Hello all -

I have a straight table that has expressions for the column labels. The table shows a rolling 13 weeks.

Capture.PNG

The expression that builds the column labels is:

=Date(Only({1<Cal.RelativeWeek = {'-13'}>} Cal.WeekStartMon),'MMM-DD')

When I add the columns from the table to the Template editor and preview the report, the column headers come through as the text of the expression rather than the result.

Capture2.PNG

How do I get the column labels to calculate?

Thanks!

mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

you will not be able to do it that way

I am going to attach a link in a minute that may help you - it is building a NPrinting report going back 6 months and is calcualting the date - you will need to do this in NPrinting

I believe you will need to crate dynamic filters and also create variables - the filters will limit the data to your timeframe and the variables will be used to get the data for the column

How to Create QlikView Bookmark Filters Using Dynamic Search Expressions – Customer Feedback for Viz...

How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Report Sales for the Six Months Previous to This One – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Ability to dynamically email recipients based on a QlikView field or variable – Customer Feedback fo...

Allow NP formulas to be used in Excel text boxes – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

when you refer to the tempalte editor are you referring to NPrinting?

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes

Not applicable

you will not be able to do it that way

I am going to attach a link in a minute that may help you - it is building a NPrinting report going back 6 months and is calcualting the date - you will need to do this in NPrinting

I believe you will need to crate dynamic filters and also create variables - the filters will limit the data to your timeframe and the variables will be used to get the data for the column

How to Create QlikView Bookmark Filters Using Dynamic Search Expressions – Customer Feedback for Viz...

How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Report Sales for the Six Months Previous to This One – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Ability to dynamically email recipients based on a QlikView field or variable – Customer Feedback fo...

Allow NP formulas to be used in Excel text boxes – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, Adam.

I ended up just creating 13 QlikView variables in the document that were the label expressions and then used the variables as the column headers in the NPrinting template.

Capture.PNG

mike