cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slindheim
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calculation in master measure expression

With the latest update of Qlik Sense it is now possible to use Master measures in expressions.

But there is a problem in NPrinting, or I just don't see a mistake on my side.

Sales = sum(Sales) works as a Master Measure in NPrinting -> [Sales]

But if I am using a calculation, NPrinting only shows '-' in every row.

For example: Perc.Change  = [SalesThisYear] - [SalesLastYear] / [SalesLastYear]

If I am using this formula, it works in NPrinting: Perc.Change=sum(SalesThisYear)-sum(SalesLastYear)/sum(SalesThisYear)

Then, Perc.Change won't work in NPrinting.

The column in the Qlik Table shows the correct values. So, it seems like NPrinting cannot work with nested/boxed expressions from Qlik. Is that right, or am I doing something wrong?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@ussy

Please check the following article.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I believe the following article still applies to current versions of NPrinting.

Please have a look.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042515

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Arlind
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Frank,

I am running into the same issue, with Master Measures in expressions not being supported by NPrinting. It seems your link to the support case is dead.

Is this something that can be configured to work?

Best regards,

Arlind

Frank_S
Support
Support

R&D is working on providing overall clarity on the subject so the article has been removed from publication.

For now, you can try to un-linking as per the following article and video tutorial.

Then use the object ID of the unlinked Item in your NPrinting Report.

Kind regards...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Steps described by Frank are not going to help you - If I understand your issue correctly this is the same as this:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Using-master-measures-that-reference-other-...

and this:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Gauge-from-Qlik-sense-into-Nprinting/td-p/1...

and for now there is no known solution other than not using master measures within other master measures definitions. I know it has a huge impact if you have designed everything using that method.

sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Well, I ended up here after trying to clean up my measures and finding I'm not getting values in the NPrinting report. Time to roll back the work.

Another gotcha moment for NPrinting, sadly there's been way too many of these lately

ussy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, hasn't this issue still been fixed by Qlik Team?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@ussy

Please check the following article.

Kind regards...