Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dev7777
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can I conditionally hide a box/image/text box in Nprinting?

I have been trying to create a conditional Show/hide based on formatting condition and checking visibility as false when true. After quite a few attempts and work arounds I could not do it. I was wondering if someone could help me out if there is a way to do this in Nprinting. I am using Feb 2019 version. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

so there is no direct way of hiding and showing objects in NPrinting. 

The solution I would use would levarage out of the box Qlik Sense container (NOT EXTENSION!!!!) where you would have inside object you want to conditionally hide/show. 

You then need to bring the container as a image to NPrinting and use in Qlik Sense condition to hide or show it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dev7777
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response, I will try this and will let you know. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The only report type that has formatting rules that allow to hide/show something conditionally is PixelPerfect that is ideal if you want a PDF output. There are old conversations in the community about formatting rules, or please give use more details if this is your case.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.