Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

Can NP May'21 run with Postgres 9.6

Hi all!

I can't find reliable info about the question on the Subject.

Can NPrinting May'21 SR1 (or later SR2) run correct with a Postgres 9.6 database? I mean, We have NPrinting September 2020, wich installs Postgres 9.6 as repository database. If we upgrade NP Sept'20 to May'21, it's mandatory to upgrade Postgres to 10.17 or later one?

I assume it isn't mandatory but it's recommended, but I want to confirm it.

Best regards,

Alonso Torres.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When upgrading installer does the upgrade for you and it will use 10.17 version on May 2021. 

So the question will be why are you asking? Out of the box there is no way you can change or prevent the upgrade of postgres version in during nprinting upgrade.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When upgrading installer does the upgrade for you and it will use 10.17 version on May 2021. 

So the question will be why are you asking? Out of the box there is no way you can change or prevent the upgrade of postgres version in during nprinting upgrade.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the answer Lech.

My question came up because, as far I read, newer versions of Qlik Sense maintain QSR installed Postgres version, almost if the repository was installed separately, and, maybe (i'm not sure), in a bundled installation too.

So, if newer Sense versions can run with old Postgres 9.6 legate repository, what about NPrinting?

Best regards,

Alonso Torres.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Gestion-PSD

Keep an eye on the help documentation "additional software" section for software that is installed with the version of NPrinting that you are upgrading to or installing for the first time.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!