Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

Can NPrinting 19 set up read receipt?

Hi guys,

We sent some testing emails to external users via NP19. Is that possible to request read receipt in NP19 so we can easily know if message opened? Or, at least if there are any logs we can check message delivered?

Thanks for your help.

Fion

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is nothing on NPrinting side you can configure, but check with your smtp admin if it is something what can be configured as a default for all emails coming out from NPrinting on smtp server?

I have seen some topics online, but I am not across enough to be able to give the correct link.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Scheduler log has information that NPrinting produced and send report to an email. Log entry should look like this:

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo	20.10.2.0	Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.Publishing.DestinationPublisher`1[[Qlik.NPrinting.Common.Messages.MailPublishingDestination, Qlik.NPrinting.Common, Version=20.10.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]	20200805T065805.724+10:00	INFO	NPrintingServer01		0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	The email with id bf82d5d2-2dd1-43b7-8316-bb356f637ff1 for user a0e02f38-5edf-4534-b17b-8c400e7f6e93 has been sent

This does not mean that SMTP server actually deliver it to the recipient. All what it means is that NPrinting has done its part and from there SMTP server is responsible for delivering it.

regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is nothing on NPrinting side you can configure, but check with your smtp admin if it is something what can be configured as a default for all emails coming out from NPrinting on smtp server?

I have seen some topics online, but I am not across enough to be able to give the correct link.

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for checking.

And, do you know if there is any log we can check to confirm email sent? I checked NP engine log, seems no such information.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Scheduler log has information that NPrinting produced and send report to an email. Log entry should look like this:

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo	20.10.2.0	Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.Publishing.DestinationPublisher`1[[Qlik.NPrinting.Common.Messages.MailPublishingDestination, Qlik.NPrinting.Common, Version=20.10.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]	20200805T065805.724+10:00	INFO	NPrintingServer01		0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	The email with id bf82d5d2-2dd1-43b7-8316-bb356f637ff1 for user a0e02f38-5edf-4534-b17b-8c400e7f6e93 has been sent

This does not mean that SMTP server actually deliver it to the recipient. All what it means is that NPrinting has done its part and from there SMTP server is responsible for delivering it.

regards

Lech 

fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for checking, this is really helpful.