Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can not find Folder option under Destinations in Nprinting Web Console

Hi Everyone,

I can not find Folder option under Destinations from Nprinting Web Console. I can only see Hub.

Nprinting.png

I just installed NPrinting Nov 2018 and we wanted to try publishing one of the report's data to a folder.

Not sure if I'm missing something.

Please let me know if anyone faced this.

Thanks,
Asha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

It looks to me as though you have nothing configured in your NP environment from the limited images and information provided here.

Note that if you have restored a older NP database over your latest NP installation, this would be a problem as it is not necessary to restore a database after an installation or upgrade.

Please see the backup and restore article here for details:  https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032251

If this is not a  restore issue, I can't be sure what the problem actually is and we'll need to ask you to submit a support case to Qlik or your Qlik Support partner.

If this is a brand new install, then you will need to configure some apps, connections and reports etc before you can utilize the full system set of features.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I was able to reproduce your scenario.

hub only.PNG

Your defined NPrinting Security User Role likely does not have 'destination' set as a permission

your defined user role does not have 'destination' as a permission.PNG

You must either modify your security role or add yourself to a security role that has this permission by default.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response Frank!

But I'm the administrator and everything under Destination is enabled

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I Just realized that other options are also not available like 'Data Connections' under 'Apps' and 'Publish Task' under tasks.
All I can see from 'Apps' is 'Apps' and Under 'Tasks' is 'Import Task'
Frank_S
Support
Support

It looks to me as though you have nothing configured in your NP environment from the limited images and information provided here.

Note that if you have restored a older NP database over your latest NP installation, this would be a problem as it is not necessary to restore a database after an installation or upgrade.

Please see the backup and restore article here for details:  https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032251

If this is not a  restore issue, I can't be sure what the problem actually is and we'll need to ask you to submit a support case to Qlik or your Qlik Support partner.

If this is a brand new install, then you will need to configure some apps, connections and reports etc before you can utilize the full system set of features.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

or maybe you have imported users from external source like excel or LDAP and revoked all your access accidently...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Frank! This is a brand new installation.

The features came up after sometime when I created an App.