Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgoz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't find table objects in NPrinting

Hello,

I have a few charts in Qlik Sense that I can't find in NPrinting to include their table objects in a Powerpoint template.

For example, I'm trying with a bar chart that I think is quite simple, a field for Dimension (DQ_TITLE) and a Count() as metric (Count(ID_DQ_FACTS)).

In NPrinting I'm able to find the chart as an image object, but not as a table object.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

make sure your chart in Qlik Sense has char suggestions switched off. Also make sure you reload NPrinting metadata after each change.

1.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Morgoz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech,

suggestions are switched off and I have reloaded metadata. The funny thing is that I can find the object as an image but not as a table in NPrinting, tha's why I'm sure that the metadate is loaded.

Salutes.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Morgoz 

It appears that Bar Chart objects are not supported for table export as it is not listed here.

So you can work around this by

• edit your sheet containing the chart
  • make a copy of the bar chart then convert it to a straight table by dragging the 'table' object onto the copied bar chart.
  • click 'convert to table'

convert bar chart to table.png

• Click 'Done Editing'
  • Reload the NPrinting connection to this QS app
  • find the new object is visible in the tables list

convert bar chart to table2.png

Then you can used the straight table data in your report.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Frank_S - in the linke provided we se only partially supported objects... so I am not surprised that Bar Chart is not listed as it shuld serve as Table and an Image

In my testing before i wrote my previous answer above the only problem was Chart suggestion switch, otherwise I was able to use barchart as a table.

The issue may arise also from the fact that object could be created in older version of Qlik Sense, went through multiple server upgrades and possibly is not fully supported. I saw scenarios where when you take old barchart from the app it is not shown, but if you build new (exactly the same chart) from scratch it will

My testing was done on May 2021 version

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Morgoz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thak you both for your help.

My Qlik Sense server version is February  2020 and NPrinting, November 2019.

By the link provided, it sais that is prefered to have a version of NPrinting greater than the one of Qlik Sense, so because of this and the comments of Lech, that could be the problem.

We are looking forward the installation of a new Qlik Sense server with February 2021 version. The difference with NPrinting will be higher, but maybe it solves something...

Let me wait to test this in the new server before checking an answer as correct. Of course Frank's answer is correct in any case, but just to check if it is a version problem at the end.

Thank you again.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Configuration of your setup at the moment because of the versions used is not supported. Nprinting does not prefer newer or equal version than Qlik Sense... it is compulsory to be supported and work properly. 
more on that on https://help.qlik.com

Frank_S
Support
Support

So R&D is looking into this and I expect our documentation will be improved to clarify once they have completed their investigation. (internal tracking ID HLP-10114 )

In the meantime if a chart type is not available as a table, the steps I shared can be used as a workaround.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!