mtabernad
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Can't send an email test

Hi community,

I am trying to send an email test but I get next error:

nprint1.png

If I go to the log file (I have hidden address with************):

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo 18.9.5.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.MailService 20201005T153504.930+02:00 ERROR SRVNPSSGSIPRO01 Nprinting Task Identity 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Failed to send e-mail message to ************. ERROR: MailKit.Security.AuthenticationException: AuthenticationInvalidCredentials: 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at↓5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials d2sm13325689wro.34 - gsmtp↓↓   at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, ICredentials credentials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   at MailKit.MailService.Authenticate(String userName, String password, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓   at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.MailService.<SendEmailAsync>d__4.MoveNext() in c:\Jws\release-18.9.x\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\MailService.cs:line 104

It says that username and password are not accepted, but I do not know how to solve it. Could anyone help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is really gmail issue (not NPrinting). Have you configured your gmail account to allow for less secure apps?

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033729

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check also if you enabled the two factors authentication that is not supported by Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.