Did you mean: 
dalsaniaparas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Can we downgrade nprinting version from 16.3 SR3 to 16.0 SR7

Hi All,

I am currently running nprinting version 16.3 SR3

Can I downgrade to version 16.0 SR7?

What effect will it have in my current environment?

Thanks,

Paras

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is no problem.

You just got naming conventions wrong. Effectively what you have is NPrinitng 16.0 SR 3  (aka 16.3) and you will upgrade to 16.0 SR 7 (Aka 16.7)

In this case you are not downgrading but you are upgrading so everything should be OK!

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not 100% sure, but just by the fact the each never version brought some new features your current NSQ files might not work once you downgrade.

I would be really surprised if they would work!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dalsaniaparas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

OK Lech

Thanks for the reply.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What is the reason you want to downgrade?

dalsaniaparas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

You can check my issue which i have posted earlier over here:-

N Printing reports not working

Raised a ticket to qlik and they said my qlikview  version is not supported with my current nprinting version.

Below images is what they provided in reference.

I can opt with nprinting version 17 but it seems there is no link between 16 and 17.so I need to develop everything again.

nprinting 16.0 SR7 is supported with qlikview 12.20.

So I am planning to install this version.

This takes to my doubt whether i will face any issue installing 16.0 SR7 as currently i am using 16.3 SR3.

Let me know if you have any inputs on this

Thanks,

Paras

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is no problem.

You just got naming conventions wrong. Effectively what you have is NPrinitng 16.0 SR 3  (aka 16.3) and you will upgrade to 16.0 SR 7 (Aka 16.7)

In this case you are not downgrading but you are upgrading so everything should be OK!

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

dalsaniaparas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Ok

Got It .

thanks a ton