Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanBiteam
Partner - Contributor III

Cannot use RebbitMQ on Qlik NPrinting Server?

Hello there,

Is it possible that we need to install RebbitMQ for other services on the server which runs Qlik NPrinting? 

In the Help site I can see that Qlik NPrinting Installation will remove the RebbitMQ which was already installed. We hope to know why and could this be improved? 

Thanks in advance,

Lan

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@LanBiteam 

There is no such known entity that you are calling redditMQ used with NPrinting. We have RabbitMQ which is our Messenger service included with the NPrinting server.

Please see the points above however I still suspect that your answer is in point one above. I've copied it below for your convenience (assuming you are referring to RabbitMQ.).

• Is it possible to install the RabbitMQ server service on a different computer than the NPrinting server

Answer: No this is not possible at this time. There is no plan to enable distribution of NPrinting services so they can be distributed on different server computers. If you wish, you may enter your idea here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

You may be interested in this link as well:

Finally if you are new to NPrinting you may be interested in receiving online training. Please check this link for details.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I am not exactly certain @LanBiteam what your question is specifically but I think you are asking either of one or both of the following:

• Is it possible to install the RabbitMQ server service on a different computer than the NPrinting server

Answer: No this is not possible at this time. There is no plan to enable distribution of NPrinting services so they can be distributed on different server computers. If you wish, you may enter your idea here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

• Is it possible to uninstall and reinstall the RabbitMQ server services (assuming you are having an issue with an existing NPrinting Messenger services not starting).

Answer: If you are having issues with the RabbitMQ (NPrinting messaging service), you may follow the following instructions 'very carefully' to reinstall the service.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Qlik-NPrinting-...

Caution: It is critical to use the correct procedure for your version of NPrinting. Since you mentioned Nov. 2020, you must use the help pages for November 2020 release of NPrinting. Procedure may vary from version to version.

Note: Do not attempt to install RabbitMQ on a different server as this is NOT supported. See answer in first point above).

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
LanBiteam
Author

Hello @Frank_S ,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The specific case with us is that we want to install several Qlik Extensions and services on one Server. One of these extensions has already installed and used RedditMQ on the server. If NPrinting will remove and reinstall a "Messaging Service", does it mean the old RedditMQ setup can not be kept any more? I am not sure if this is the case you mentioned as Point 1. If it is not possible, please confirm. 

Regards,

Lan

Frank_S
Support
Support

@LanBiteam 

There is no such known entity that you are calling redditMQ used with NPrinting. We have RabbitMQ which is our Messenger service included with the NPrinting server.

Please see the points above however I still suspect that your answer is in point one above. I've copied it below for your convenience (assuming you are referring to RabbitMQ.).

You may be interested in this link as well:

Finally if you are new to NPrinting you may be interested in receiving online training. Please check this link for details.

LanBiteam
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

yes, I meant RebbitMQ... Sorry for causing the confusion. 

Thanks a lot for the information and confirmation, I will study about this.

Best,

Lan

Frank_S
Support
Support

Glad I could help!