Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Chart Legend containing Date has different value when output is XLS and PDF

Hi All,

This is something I came across by accident. I know workaround (but i don't like it since it makes everything else difficult like sorting on converting).

This particular example is on NPrinting April 2020 (there was no label for April 2020 when I create this post) and on Qlik Sense Feb 2020. I also checked on various different versions and issue is still there. So what is the issue? I am providing steps to replicate it:

1. Create Qlik application using below inline
    Test:
    Load 
    	Dim1,
    	Date(Date)			as [Transaction Date],
    	Floor(Rand()*10000) as Value
    Inline
    	[
    		Dim1, 	Date 
    		A,		43979
    		A,		43980
    		A,		43981
    		B,		43979
    		B,		43980
    		B,		43981
    		C,		43979
    		C,		43980
    		C,		43981
    	]
    ;

exit script;
  2. Create a straight table
    1. Dimensions:
      1. Dim1
      2. [Transaction Date]
    2. Measures
      1. Sum(Value)
  3. Connect this app to NPrinting, regenerate metadata and create Excel based template
  4. Add table created in pt 2 to your Table tags
    1. Here you can choose to disable "Keep source format", but i played with it with no change on final effect
  5. Drag and drop it to excel sheet and convert it to "Table" (select range of cells->Insert-> Table)1.png
  6. As indicated using arrows I am doing it on Sheet1, I am formatting in Excel Transaction Date to date format and I have "Keep source format" disabled
  7. Now I create Sheet2 and in this sheet i create a pivot table which will be a source of data for my Pivot Chart (Bar chart - stacked - horizontal). I made sure there is Chart element "Legend" added - as Legend is the problematic element.1.png
  8. I Used colours to indicate where each of those goes
  9. Preview as XLS and "Voila" - I get what I wanted:1.png
  10. So I need this report as PDF, and here is a problem. When you run it to be created as PDF format of date in legend changes. I was not able to figure out why.. see screenshot:2.png
  11. I checked regional setting on server etc.. I have no idea how to fix this
  12. My workaround so far was to completely convert [Transaction Date] field to text but this obviously has consequences like issues with sorting etc....

if anyone has an idea how to fix this I am more than happy to try anything.

@Ruggero_Piccoli - would you be able to suggest something? 

Hope this makes sense.

regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Based on my experience this seems an issue of the library that created the PDF.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with a link to this conversation. Thanks for the detailed information.

I asked to the community manager to add the April 2020 label.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Based on my experience this seems an issue of the library that created the PDF.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with a link to this conversation. Thanks for the detailed information.

I asked to the community manager to add the April 2020 label.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I will open support case tomorrow. Thanks @Ruggero_Piccoli !!

Ciao!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.