Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combine 2 pivot tables and conditional display

Hi,

I'm starting with Nprinting v16. I'm trying to display 2 pivot tables in 2 differents excel sheets.

My problem is that only one table is displayed at a time in the application; they have a conditional display option that display one or the other. And in NPrinting, only the table visible in QV is visible in NPrinting.

-> How can I display the 2 tables despite de conditional display option?

My second question is how can I add a line which is the sum of the total of the 2 pivot tables?

Hope I'm clear in my explanation.

thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anthony,

This thread seems to be parallel to what you are trying to accomplish.  So, move one of the objects temporarily so they are not stacked on top of one another.  Remove the conditional show so that you and Nprinting can see both of your objects.  Build your Nprinting report and then restore the layout with the hidden charts after you have it set up.

Access to hidden tabs?

The second question is a little more complicated.  Anytime you are building dynamic objects in an Excel template, it is challenging to make calculations that span more than one sheet.  So, my advice to you is to build another object in QV that calculates your desired total based on the two Pivot tables.  Then you can just use the results from that chart in your NPrinting template.  Again, you can hide this object after you have successfully added it to your template.

HTH

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anthony,

This thread seems to be parallel to what you are trying to accomplish.  So, move one of the objects temporarily so they are not stacked on top of one another.  Remove the conditional show so that you and Nprinting can see both of your objects.  Build your Nprinting report and then restore the layout with the hidden charts after you have it set up.

Access to hidden tabs?

The second question is a little more complicated.  Anytime you are building dynamic objects in an Excel template, it is challenging to make calculations that span more than one sheet.  So, my advice to you is to build another object in QV that calculates your desired total based on the two Pivot tables.  Then you can just use the results from that chart in your NPrinting template.  Again, you can hide this object after you have successfully added it to your template.

HTH

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this.  Were you able to get your problem resolved?

adelmeire
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My apologize. I worked on anothers tasks.

Thanks for your valuable answer. I copied the tables in a dedicated sheet where I removed the show conditional expression.

It works.