cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Common report

We have three reports which only differ by a filter and report header.

Can the report header be dependent on the filter?  I thought setting up a variable or adding a column to a report - something to feed the header

We'll have 3 report objects with their respective filters but they all share the same template.

Know what I mean?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Mark,

If I understand correct your request, you can use GetFieldSelections function for header reports or columns label.

See the attach file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have one report and 3 publish tasks.  apply the filter to the task.  you can give the report a friendly name in the task itself when adding the report.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide more detail?   There are multiple possibilities but it depends on what your filter is, whether you want separate files for each report or whether they are different tabs in the same workbook, how the header is different.

You might be able to use a cyclic field at the report level.

The column names could be dynamic based on variables in Nprinting.

markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

With the exception of a header which is dependent on the filter, everything is the same.  What I've done so far is create a column with a small expression to build the header.   So far it works but I would prefer a simpler solution - variable maybe.  I've read that textbox are passed as an image so not digging that idea.

ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Mark,

If I understand correct your request, you can use GetFieldSelections function for header reports or columns label.

See the attach file.

markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, that's exactly how we resolved this issue.  Great minds...

ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

My pleasure .

I am glad it did help.