Condition based report in Power point

Hi All,

I have 3 types of reports as Report_Type, Report_Type2, Report_Type3
I have variable vStatus which holds the value of Pass, Fail, Moderate & N/A
If vStatus ='Pass' i need to generate Report_Type1
if 'fail' Report_Type2
 if 'Moderate' Report_Type3.

I have created 3 set of reports
I have created 3 sets of conditions as Status_Pass, Status_Fail, Status_Moderate (which is derived from the variable vStatus)
I have created a task and added all 3 reports in the task. For each report i have given the condition. (Refer the image below)

Also the report has the cycle option on the 'StudentID'

Task has the filter for 'StudenID'

When i run the task, it is successfully generating the report if the selected StudentIDs(in filter) are in the same condition. If the StudentIF has different status, the task completed but no report generated.

Ex: StudentID & Status
1 pass
2 pass
3 fail
4 fail

If the filter has the studentID of 1 & 2, it is generating the report.
if the filter has the studentID of 2 & 3, the task is not generating the report.

What cause this issue. Any idea?

FYI - (From my check :  Added the variable vStatus to the report and  I am able  to get the value for this variable. When  Report generated.) 

Capture.JPG

Thanks!

Pooja

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

workaround would be to create a logic in Qlik load script to create a filter field with your statuses for each student ID and use that as a filter in each of all 3 reports.

Also consider an upgrade! you are 4 versions behind and a lot has changed  since your version was released. Building workarounds for something what is already available in newer version is not the best practice.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It seems like you almost want to use your condition as a filter,so if the condition is met for a student id generate report for this student. 

The same behaviour you would achieve by applying advanced search filter on studentID field which would filter out users for status Pass to produce Pass report, status Moderate to produce Moderate report etc...

Also make sure your filter is correct so there is no limitiation on condition as per: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.h...

Thats all I can now think of...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank You for your quick response on this..

To give you more detail,

I have 3 different types of templates. Each content would be different.

We have 1000+ students. I need to run the report for only 50 students. Here we have used student id filter to get only those 50 students. (We have used cycle in all 3 reports)

In the task i have added, all 3 reports by adding the condition like below,
Report_Type1 --> Condition as vStatus = Pass
Report_Type2 --> Condition as vStatus = Fail
Report_Type3 --> Condition as vStatus = Moderate

The problem i see is, the report is successfully generating if all the 50 students vStatus is same.. (I used vStatus in condition because the value of vStatus will change perodically)

Please let me know if you have any idea or solution to achieve this req. Ideally we have swap the report based on the condition.

Thanks!

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As I said before I would use Advanced Search filter to achieve what you need. So esentially what you want to do is to run Report_Type1 --> Condition as vStatus = Pass only for students which would return variable vStatus = Pass. This variable obviously  (I assume) is an expresssion which evaluates for each student separately. So to run Pass reports you only want to run it for students who meet this condition, right? The you would apply the same for 2 other statuses and would run 2 other types of reports.

If the above is correct then it can be easily done by adding advanced search filter to student Id which would filter out student ids. For that functionality you would need upgrade.

This type of filter is available in NPrinting June 2019 and later: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much..!

unfortunately we are using the version April 2019. There is no advanced search option. Is there any other work around option?

Thanks!

Pooja

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

workaround would be to create a logic in Qlik load script to create a filter field with your statuses for each student ID and use that as a filter in each of all 3 reports.

Also consider an upgrade! you are 4 versions behind and a lot has changed  since your version was released. Building workarounds for something what is already available in newer version is not the best practice.

thanks

Lech

poooja
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the workaround option.We are working on upgrading to newer version. 

Thanks again for your timely help.

Regards!

Pooja