Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Conditional display of Word page in NPrinting

Hi,

i have created a word document as a report in NPrinting which will be sent to the users as a PDF attachment in an email.

I have 4 pages in the word doc:

Page 1-> Introduction

Page 2-> charts for Region America (2 line chart & a bar chart)

Page 3-> charts for Region Europe (2 line chart & a bar chart)

Page 4-> charts for Region Asia (2 line chart & a bar chart)

along with the charts I also have similar headings for each chart in all 3 pages.

Now, I have to send this pdf with all 4 sheets only, if I have data in the bar chart for all 3 regions. For eg., if I have data only in America & Europe Bar chart, then this PDF should contain only Page1, Page 2 & Page3.

How do I apply page wise condition based on a bar chart?

FYI: I use NPrinting 19.19

Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suppose you added the field Region in the Pages node of the template. Instead create a straight table with a row only for every region that has data, save the source document/app, refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and add the new table in the Pages node. So during the report generation Qlik NPrinting will create a page only for the rows that are available in the straight table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suppose you added the field Region in the Pages node of the template. Instead create a straight table with a row only for every region that has data, save the source document/app, refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and add the new table in the Pages node. So during the report generation Qlik NPrinting will create a page only for the rows that are available in the straight table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.