Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
till_bentz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Configuration Issue: NPrinting on-demand feature

Hello folks,

I have a problem getting the NPrinting on-demand feature running in our QlikView setup.

The basic setup:

• qlikview server running the server, qmc, NPrinting and the IIS web server (aka qvt01). This server has a valid ssl certificate so all connections are configured to use https (this seems to work)
  • a publisher (aka qvt02) running the distribution service

I installed the following NPrinting components (version April 2018)

• QlikNPrinting_Designer
  • QlikNPrinting_On-Demand_Add-on
  • QlikNPrintingEngine_x64
  • QlikNPrintingServer_x64

I set up the nPrinitng web proxy and the newsstand to use ssl and certificates using the app.config files. I can access the NPrinting console via https on the default port 4993.

I configured an app for OnDemand reporting. If I open the App using the access point I get the on-demand button. If I click on that button, a pop-up opens I get the following error:

An error occurred:

{"code":403,"message":"User has no rights to access the resource"}

I checked every config file I could think of, but I can't get it to work.

I would be very happy, if somebody could give tipps as to how to get this to work.

Thanks in advance!

Till

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you created report for OnDemand

• have you configured it to be available for the user you are using to access QlikView access point?
  • what nPrintign role does this user have? for testing set it up to Admin (which you probably did as you said you can access NPrinitng console) -question is if you have used the same user?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
till_bentz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think I configured it correctly:

NPrinting_Settings.png

The user I am using for testing has all available roles assigned. Also the error occurs directly after clicking on the on-demand button. No report selection or anything like that is shown at all:

NPrinting_Error.png

cheers,

Till

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

have you created a group and restarted services?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/On-Demand/Install-Components.htm

You must restart QlikView and Qlik NPrinting services after adding the Qlik NPrinting services Windows domain user to the QlikView Administrators and QlikView Management API groups.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry my bad - this is not for IIS - but, double check all the steps from the link i have provided.

cheers

LEch

Suraj_Lal
Former Employee
Former Employee

Enable JWT Authentication  at Nrpinting first to use Nprinting  Ondemand over IIS as webserver, If you use QlikViewWebserver no need of Explicit JWT to be enabled on Nprinting Server.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/On-Demand/Install-Components.htm#Installing_...

Installing the Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on on a Microsoft IIS hosted QlikView AccessPoint

Before you install the Qlik NPrintingOn-Demand Add-on, ensure the following requirements are met:

• Your QlikView Server is either:
    • QlikView Server 11.20 SR15 or higher.
    • QlikView Server 12.10 SR1 or higher.QlikView Server 12 is not currently supported.
  • Microsoft IIS is installed and configured on the QlikView Server.
  • Qlik NPrinting is configured to use JWT authentication. For more information, see JWT authentication.The certificate with private key used to configure JWT authentication must be installed on the Microsoft IIS local machine personal certificate store. The following must be configured as specified to enable On-Demand:
    JWT attribute mappingMatch user by Domain\Name
    JWT attribute for user IDuid
    JWT attribute for user directorydom