Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablomind
Creator
Creator

Connect to Qlikview projects in a different domain using NPrinting

Good morning,

I have a NPrinting Server April 2019 working just fine. I have develop many reports without problems all in the same domain (CORP). My question now is I have other Qlikview projects but are in a completely different domain inside the company (STAGING) and  I'd been trying to create a connection using the qvp of the new domain but it seems I cant get it to connect successfully. Do I need to create an additional engine for this? Is it possible to use qlikview projects from two differents domains at the same time?

Regards,

Pablo

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are creating only connections to QlikView server it is not required to be in the same domain. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnec...

I think the user who runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service has no access to the QlikView Document. If you do a Run Verification what do you see?

I suggest you to login to the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer, run QlikView Desktop with the same Windows user that run the Engine service (right click over Qv.exe by keeping CRTL+SHIFT pressed then select run as a different user) and open the .QVW from the server via qvp. It must work without involving Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are creating only connections to QlikView server it is not required to be in the same domain. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnec...

I think the user who runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service has no access to the QlikView Document. If you do a Run Verification what do you see?

I suggest you to login to the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer, run QlikView Desktop with the same Windows user that run the Engine service (right click over Qv.exe by keeping CRTL+SHIFT pressed then select run as a different user) and open the .QVW from the server via qvp. It must work without involving Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.