Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Connection Status missing and 'Filter is used as object filter on one or more reports'

1) One of my (old) connections is updating the cache so I can get new data but the green tick with the message

'Connection successful on all NPRINTING engines'  is missing.

The 'Verify connection' log is not showing any errors.

I have several connections to the same app(4) with this one missing the tick.

2) I cannot delete nor modify a filter as I'm getting a red warning 

On Delete:

'Filter is used as object filter on one or more reports'

On modify(change the title):

'Something went wrong with current operation'

Moreover: Few Reports are probably 'stuck' on this filter as they produce outcome as if the filter was used.

Imagine a situation that you want a report for all countries but your report is only giving you Poland.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are mixing some different questions.

- So about the connection if the cache is correctly generated it means that everything is ok.

- You have several connections in the same Qlik NPrinting app to the same Qlik Sense app? If yes, please use only one. You can create different connections to the same Qlik Sense app in different Qlik NPrinting apps.

- You have the warning message because you are trying to delete a filter that is used as an object filter in a report template. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
robert_mika
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Rugerro,

Thank you for your replay.

- Why we can not use multiple connections within one app?

Shall we use only one connection per app?

If this is allowed to create is the reason for not doing this?

The reason for this is to be able to create a user filter to different connections to the same app.

Otherwise, you will have to create multiple filters.

So my method is to have 4 reports/4 connections/1app and only that many filters as users.

I found that is the (so far) most efficient way to have multiple reports on different levels for the same user.

Would you suggest a different approach?

In regards to the filter:

I have looked at every report and can not find the filter attached to an object.

Why we can not just remove the filter and ignore the message?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Connecting the same Qlik Sense app or QlikView document two or more times in the same Qlik NPrinting app could create filtering issues that do not appear when connecting on different Qlik NPrinting apps. The user interface will let you to to create multiple connections but please avoid to do it.

If your need is to send the same report to the same user with different filters you could use the alternate email feature that is available in most recent versions. For example you can create two users (with two different main emails), associate the different filters to each one and add the same email in the alternate email address. Then in the publish task select to send the reports to the alternate email.

In your last question do you mean that you cannot find how to add an object filter in a template?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I have to agree with @robert_mika that use of multiple connections to the same qlik app within the same nprinting app is very helpful. I would use it for scenarios like:

• Having excel template where you use PAGE tag filtered - this requires in Excel to apply at least report filter. Having one connection to do that helps to maintain data on sheets produced with this page node and....
  • Having other sheets coming with data from the same qlik app but using unfiltered data or data with different filters applied

Now I would like to explore this topic as I never came across anything in help document which would indicate that having 2 connections to the same document in single NPrinitng app is not allowed. 

I learned that the only issue I had was when i tried to use OnDemand functionality (I used OnDemand from Qlik Sense). This is where connections were confused and selections from Qlik Sense were not carried over. 

If this is the only example of possible filters problem I think it should be clearly stated so we know that as long as app is not used for OnDemand it is ok to have multiple connections to it in single NPrinting app as it is extremely helpful in scenarios i mentioned above.

I am putting aside the issue Robert describes regarding removal of filter.....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedbacks. I'm investigating the multi-connection point with both Qlik Sense and QlikView. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero