Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connection to data source in NPrinting template gives error

Hi everyone,

Please help me on below error message. I tried to create a connection via DATA>Connections within the NPrinting template (which seemed to work fine when I'm still editing the template, I mean the values show up, they're correct). But when I want to use Preview, an error like below appears. Are these types of connections within the template not supported?

Thanks in advance!

Cristina

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To create Connections refer to this page Creating connections ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Ruggero but none of the specified types of connections in that link actually refers to my question, I'm not talking of connections created in NPrinting interface where there's the Apps button, but rather the Data>Connections in the Excel interface directly (all the while being in the NPrinting Excel template).

I do want to mention that I also tried to create the connection in Excel beforehand, and then using that excel file as a custom template for NPrinting, but it's the same error popping up.

My guess would be that for now this option is not supported. Which would make a good thing to implement in future NPrinting versions.

If anyone else knows otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I linked that help site page because the listed connections are the only connections supported.

You can read data from:

- QlikView documents local, on network foldes, on a QlikView Server or on a cluser

- Qlik Sense apps on a Sense server

I understood that you was trying to create a connection from Excel menu, but this is not supported so you get the error.

You must create and use at least one of the connections listed in the help site page.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
cristinapo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, for now I'll settle with the fact that the connection I seek is not supported in the template. Thanks!