Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezer
Contributor
Contributor

ConnectionStatusMonitor: Maximum number of errors reached and all allocations are on error

HEllo 

I get very often the connection error status on all or some engines when running a cache task on nprinting  (version Feb 2019 sr1). I have followed the articles and meet the check point s but still get this error . Any more hints form anyone?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please invest time and effort to properly describe your issue, provide screenshots, detailed explanation of your environment, configuration. We need to be able to recreate issue from your description which with above is not possible.

NPrinitng is complex tool and there is many requirements and considerations you have to take into account when working with it.

I looked at your logs and first thing I noticed is that you are using local QlikView connection - why? Why not QVP? Is your NPrinting server capable of opening multiple QlikView applications locally? (does CPU and RAM allow for it?)

From my experience having local connection sooner or later will cause resource exhaustion so maybe that is what you are experiencing?

I cannot comment on logs as you kept in them half of the day worth of logs so it is hard to know where to look for. Typically if debugging you would first cleanup logs, restart services and start procedure and as soon as it is done you would capture logs. That way will end up with much smaller log file you need to inspect. 

at this stage I have nothing else to add...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ezer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

I contacted Qlik support  but I did not get a resolution. Then I searched in the community but no answer related either. This is why i decided to sent my query. I have seen other users asking questions for their issues in a similar kind of way on the community . The qvp connection has already been tried but there was no difference in the final error. The nprintng and qlikview machines are very powerful and extensive tests have been performed for CPU and RAM with the aid of Windows team but could not find a RC  there either. The prerequisites for setting up/configuring the Qlikview and NPrinting have been implemented from Qlikview architect. They have also cross-checked again, after qlik advice( providing official link for the same) . All the answers I am getting so far  for this issue , are to upgrade version , nothing else, but I do not know how soon this will be as it does not depend on me.

Further could you please elaborate a bit ore on this : "Typically if debugging you would first cleanup logs"

Frank_S
Support
Support

@ezer 

It is still not clear what the actual issue here is.

Does your NPrinting connection fail? Do report preview fail but the NP connection works? What exactly is the overt behavior that is occurring? Is the connection status = generated or failed?

If failed, then I suggest following the recommendations to upgrade as suggested since there are important performance as well as vastly improved logging changes and updates that will either:

• solve the issue
  • provide greater insight into the issue via the improved logging updates

It is recommended to upgrade to the latest available version of NPrinting. Currently NPrinting Feb. 2021 is available for download. Release notes attached. I've also included release notes for June 2020 SR 1 which included key performance updates as well. Each release note provided with each version release will mention key updates and fixes. Recommend to review all release notes subsequent to Feb 2019 SR 1 of NPrinting.

Further, it's not clear which version of QlikView you are using. If you are not using a supported version of QlikView, you may wish to upgrade (or plan to) upgrade to QV 12.5 SR 4. This upgrade include important fixes for not only QlikView but NPrinting related issues such as NPrinting On Demand functionality. See attached release notes.

In any case, it appears that based on your log file that the QVW is stuck indefinitely so NPrinting appears to give up. This indicates the possible following are affecting the QVW access from the NP connection:

• Unsupported Items such as sheet or document triggers. See this for a complete listing https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Qlik-NPrinting-Unsupported-QlikView-Document-items-Syst...
  • perhaps you have enabled document chaining between the 'stuck' qvw and another QWV ( a trigger is normally used to enable this. In turn this would be unsupported.
  • Perhaps the QVW is stuck in QMC task processes. Check that the QMC task reloads for the QVW are working normally.
  • Perhaps there is a macro in the QVW causing the QVW to become in a stuck state when accessed by the NPrinting connection
  • Check the attached NPrinting best practices document. Within it indicates removing 'enable push from server' checkbox to improve performance (if you happen to have this selected).
  • Recommend switching to QVP connections.

These are my suggestions to check in the meantime but fully suggest planning an NPrinting upgrade ( and QlikView if you are on an unsupported version).

Note: NPrinting Feb. 2019 will also be falling out of support soon as well).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!