Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christiann
Partner - Contributor III

Conversion of a Qlik Sense worksheet into a NPrinting report

Hi,

I've created a work sheet in a Qlik Sense app  and I would like to convert this into a  NPrinting report.
Is there a way to convert it completely into a NPrinting report in one step without having to convert each single object into the report?

Christian

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting a new question in the community, please, remember to add the label with the correct version of the software you are using.

To export a Qlik Sense sheet you can

• create a QlikEntity report with that sheet. It will be exported as an image, no scrollbars are fixed if you have them, and this feature is available on most recent versions of Qlik NPrinting. Very fast to be implemented but rigid.
  • add the Qlik Sense sheet as a single image in one of the other types of templates then drag and drop that image in the template. As before scrollbars will be fixed because it will be exported as an image. Very fast to be implemented but rigid.
  • add to the template tree view on the left side all objects you used to create the Qlik Sense sheet and drag and drop them in the template. In this way you can add, for example, tables as tables so they will be rendered completed as native tables and not as fixed images. You have the maximum flexibility but you have to re-create the sheet.

There is not an automatic way to import a Qlik Sense sheet in a template and recreate it as native objects also because the original Qlik Sense objects used in the sheet can be imported in different ways in a Qlik NPrinting template and the software cannot know the one you prefer. For example, if you have a table in the source sheet it can be imported as a native table or an image, both are valid and supported and Qlik NPrinting cannot know the one you prefer. Then there are specific layout rules on some types of templates. For example you cannot place two native tables side-by-side in a PixelPerfect template but you can place two images or you can place two tables in an Excel template. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Christiann, you can achieve this at least two ways.

1) You can embedded a worksheet from QS app into Nprinting report.

2) You can achieve this by utilizing the Entity Report feature. See the following links:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000073869

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/QlikViewEntityReports/Embed-QV-Sheet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiqZWzQWpzU

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Christiann
Author

Hi Lucas,

many thanks for your answer.

I check the links but this isn't what I'm searching for. If I print out the worksheet as an image, I can't see all the lines from a table.

I've creating a worksheet step by step an object by object and I don't want to have to do this a second time in the report. So I'm looking for a way to automatically transfer all objects (in size, position, etc.) from a worksheet as objects into a report.

I suspect this will not work.

Best regards

Christian

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting a new question in the community, please, remember to add the label with the correct version of the software you are using.

To export a Qlik Sense sheet you can

• create a QlikEntity report with that sheet. It will be exported as an image, no scrollbars are fixed if you have them, and this feature is available on most recent versions of Qlik NPrinting. Very fast to be implemented but rigid.
  • add the Qlik Sense sheet as a single image in one of the other types of templates then drag and drop that image in the template. As before scrollbars will be fixed because it will be exported as an image. Very fast to be implemented but rigid.
  • add to the template tree view on the left side all objects you used to create the Qlik Sense sheet and drag and drop them in the template. In this way you can add, for example, tables as tables so they will be rendered completed as native tables and not as fixed images. You have the maximum flexibility but you have to re-create the sheet.

There is not an automatic way to import a Qlik Sense sheet in a template and recreate it as native objects also because the original Qlik Sense objects used in the sheet can be imported in different ways in a Qlik NPrinting template and the software cannot know the one you prefer. For example, if you have a table in the source sheet it can be imported as a native table or an image, both are valid and supported and Qlik NPrinting cannot know the one you prefer. Then there are specific layout rules on some types of templates. For example you cannot place two native tables side-by-side in a PixelPerfect template but you can place two images or you can place two tables in an Excel template. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.