cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylealpaugh
Contributor
Contributor

Copy Nprinting Excel Template

I am using nprintinig 16.6 and on my nprinting server there is no MS office installed i have another computer with it installed on it where i am able to create reports and build templates in excel but when i copy the template to the nprinting server to run the jobs that does not have office on it and run the report all i get is a excel sheet with the chart name ex. <CH10>  in it not the whole report.   

Is there a special way that i have to copy the template over so that it populates the excel sheet with the chart ?

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @kylealpaugh 

This is common on the NPrinting 16 platform when:

For a refresher on working with the NP 16 server, please visit the advanced training video found in the following link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Training-amp-Installati...

If you check the above points in details, the solution should be somewhere therein.

I hope this guides you in the right direction.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Well, that's why you have to have MS Office installed on the NPrinting server as well. And if you do not have it, make sure you have exactly the same names, settings and everything in all sections (Source, Recipients, Reports, Filters, ...)

Thanks,
Carlos M
Frank_S
Support
Support

@CarlosAMonroy 

It is not necessary to install MS Office on the NPrinting server in order for NPrinting Server to process and automate distribution of NPrinting MS Office based reports. MS Office is only necessary for designing MS Office reports within NPrinting designer.

This should be covered in the training material mentioned in link via my previous message.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!