Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create NPrinting using two different Qlik Sense Apps

Hi,

I am trying to create a NPrinting report using two Qlik Sense apps. Let me explain what I am using. 

Imagine two Apps in Qlik Sense exist, say App A & App B. 

In my NP report I have 3 slides. I am using Page level option for slide 1 to 3 to print report for all the filter values in app. I am using Slide option inside Page config properties to cycle through all the 3 slide before it resumes back to slide #1 with next filter value.

Now I want to include one slide between slide #1 and #2 , say 1a, where the data for 1a is from App B.  The filter value used for slide#1 from App A need to be applied to App B for slide 1a and  for slide#2  the filter value applied for slide#1 should be applied.  Could you pls let me know how to develop NP report in this scenario . 

Below is the property sent to cycle over slides. 

2020-10-27 18_12_32-Template Editor.png

filter value from App A is 001, 002, 003, 004.... 

Slide#1 - App A -Filter value:001 (Page option) 

Slide #1a - App B - Filter value:001

Slide #2 - App A - Filter value:001 (Page option)

Slide #3 - App A - Filter value:001(Page option)

Slide#4 - App A -Filter value:002 (Page option) 

Slide #4a - App B - Filter value:002

Slide #5 - App A - Filter value:002 (Page option)

Slide #6 - App A - Filter value:002(Page option)

.Till.. Filter value 004

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Not possible

since your slides from App B are inside the Page driven by values from app A this will not work. There is no "linked field" feature in NPrinting 17+.

Th only workaround is to build Qlik Sense app to contain data from both apps. 

sorry!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Not possible

since your slides from App B are inside the Page driven by values from app A this will not work. There is no "linked field" feature in NPrinting 17+.

Th only workaround is to build Qlik Sense app to contain data from both apps. 

sorry!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech.  Just a follow-up question,  does moving the Slide 1a at the end of slide #4 would work? 

Also in NPrinting is it possible to dynamically apply filter value to another slide which is connected to another Qlik sense app. 

Slide#1 - App A -Filter value:001 (Page option) 

Slide #2 - App A - Filter value:001 (Page option)

Slide #3 - App A - Filter value:001(Page option)

Slide#4 - App A -Filter value:002 (Page option) 

Slide #1a - App B - Filter value:001

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Adding a field or a straight table in the Pages node means that you will have a filtered slide (or slides) for each distinct value of the added field or straight table. That is different than your goal.

Another solution, that need to be manually implemented, is to use object filters. So you create Filter1 for AppA and Filter1 for AppB. Then you add the objects from AppA you need in slide1 and apply Filter1 for AppA to all of them and drag and drop into slide1. Then you add objects from AppB, apply to them Filter1 fro AppB and add the object to slide2 and so on for other slides. If you need the same Sense object with different filters you add it many times and apply a different filter to each one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.