cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psantana
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Create a Nprinting November 2017 connection to QlikSense Server

I have one instance of NPrinting that runs its reporting from a QlikSense instance.

Both machines are not connected to a AD Domain.

In the help of Nprinting there is a requirement that the user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service must be a Windows domain user.

• If you want to create connections to Qlik Sense apps, the user that runs the  Qlik NPrinting Engine service must be a Windows domain user.

I would like to know if there is  a way to deploy Nprinting and Qlik Sense this way without having both machines in a Windows ad domain?

Maybe by creating some sort of local domain?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi All,

The user must be a Domain User because Qlik Sense use it to authenticate. This requirement is mandatory, so if a configuration with local user works it is at your risk.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Pablo,

I am greatfull you have gone through trouble and actually read documentation.

Trying to answer your question i would simply say - why don't you try deploying it using local users?

I have a client for who this actualy works. All what we used were "local" users.

... and i also see a usecase for it when for example building demo architecture on AWS standalone EC2's

mayberpc‌ will chip in his 5 cents

regards

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi All,

The user must be a Domain User because Qlik Sense use it to authenticate. This requirement is mandatory, so if a configuration with local user works it is at your risk.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.