Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Create a email that send when the qmc reload finish in NPrinting

Hi Expert

I would like to know if there is a way to create an email alert from nprinting that will send when the qmc reload finish?

Thank you a lot

Fernando K.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

forgot link

XML External Request Reporting – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

There is also a tutorial about conditioanl reporting using the example of reload date

Conditional Execution – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Aran's response shows you how to set up both the Qlik and Nprinting to create and process the xml external request

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable

One way I would recommend is to use a conditional report and the condition is the reload date.  For example if the program reloads once a day you can schedule the nprinting job after the reload is to complete - the report would then check the reload date and if today, you would know the application was reloaded.

Anothr way is the have the application create an xml file (see link below) that creates a specified file format and name in an nprinting directory - that file could then be the trigger to have an nprinting report run

Not applicable

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Adam

how nprinting check thje reload date, how i can create this? can you explain that?

what link do you said?

thank you a lot

Fernando

Not applicable

forgot link

XML External Request Reporting – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

There is also a tutorial about conditioanl reporting using the example of reload date

Conditional Execution – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Aran's response shows you how to set up both the Qlik and Nprinting to create and process the xml external request

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Aran, this only works if you have Qlikview Publisher to, i do not have

thank you

Not applicable

Fernando

I Aran's method will not work for you as described, you can modify the qvw to write out the file as described or you can look and see if the conditional report based on reload date will work

How to Run a Task Only after Previous QlikView Document Reload on Current Day – Customer Feedback fo...

Not applicable

OK.

So:

1. Build a condition which tests to see if the QVW was reloaded. Do this by creating a variable with this expression:

=date(ReloadTime(),'YYYYMMDD')

And in the condition, equate that with:

day(now()) 'YYYYMMDD'

Tutorial about conditions:
    How to Control Report Generation with Conditions – Customer Feedback for Vizubi
  2. Add the condition to your report.
  3. This will check to see if the QVW was reloaded and will only send the report if it was reloaded today.

Best

Aran

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

This is the best solution i will try and tell you!

thanks Aran and Adam

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Aran one question:

What would be the frequency that the task would have?

becuase for example, if i run the task and the qvw reload before, ok send the alert from  NPrinting, but if not not send the email and i want  to resend the email until the qvw is reload ok.

For example, is there any way to say to NP that DO THIS TASK UNTIL SEND THE EMAIL, when the email was send, stop the TASK

thank you a lot

Fernando