Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create single PPT with cycling values

Hello,

I have a question concerning the cycling function. I understand the way the function works, but it doesn't fit my requirements exactly. At the moment there are multiple powerpoint files with different cycled values. My goal is to have one ppt file with different slides depending on the selected (cycled) values.

Does anyone know a possibility to handle that issue?

Currently I'm using a VBA script to merge multiple files into one - but there could be a way to handle it without macros.

The other way I handled it in the past was to set up different dashboards with the same layout but different selected values.

The situation I'd like to handle:

- Listbox with 12 different possible selections

- start at selection 1 and create a slide with that output

- change the value from 1 to 2 and create a new slide and so on

I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Alex,

QlikView NPrinting can do this automatically and schedule delivery to multiple recipients as well. Recipients can also have filters assigned to them so that each recipient only sees the data that they are supposed to see.

In PowerPoint, you use a feature called "page". Page will create a slide for every value of one dimension or a slide for all possible combination of values for multiple dimensions.

Page can be applied to a single slide in a presentation or to multiple slides in a presentation.

There's a tutorial which describes how it works here:

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Alex,

QlikView NPrinting can do this automatically and schedule delivery to multiple recipients as well. Recipients can also have filters assigned to them so that each recipient only sees the data that they are supposed to see.

In PowerPoint, you use a feature called "page". Page will create a slide for every value of one dimension or a slide for all possible combination of values for multiple dimensions.

Page can be applied to a single slide in a presentation or to multiple slides in a presentation.

There's a tutorial which describes how it works here:

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates

Not applicable
Author

Aran,

thanks for your fast help!

Have a nice day