cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianfer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create table from list in word template

Hello, just trying to find out if it is possible to create a table from a value list?

For example, I have a field named 'Alphabet' with values A,B,C,D....O

I want to display that in Nprinting (word doc) in a table with 5 columns, like so:

A

D

G

J

M

B

E

H

K

N

C

F

I

L

O

How can this be achieved, if at all possible? 

Thanks for the help as always.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not really nprinting question - isn't it? For NPrinting you first need to build the same in QlikSense.

I can imagine such solution to be built based on rank function where for 1st column you would have rank of 1,6,12,18 etc... for second column rank of 2,7,14... etc

Then you would use this table as a source in your word document.

To give you more precise answer we would need to get specific requirements.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not really nprinting question - isn't it? For NPrinting you first need to build the same in QlikSense.

I can imagine such solution to be built based on rank function where for 1st column you would have rank of 1,6,12,18 etc... for second column rank of 2,7,14... etc

Then you would use this table as a source in your word document.

To give you more precise answer we would need to get specific requirements.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
adrianfer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You are absolutely right. And that gave me an idea about how to tackle this. 

Thank you.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great - glad I could help.