Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lapratt01
Contributor
Contributor

Creating Charts in Template Editor (all formats)

I am trying to create some simple bar charts and pie charts in the Template Editor within nPrinting and no matter what format I select all the charts are empty.  I can create a table with the data from Qlik Sense successfully, but when I attempt to create the chart in the same document, it's empty.  I am selecting the table nodes and eliminating the rest of the columns and rows like all of the how to videos and the documentation show, but no matter what I try, the charts have no data.   I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did many tests today on my Qlik NPrinting servers and I'm not able to reproduce. In the meaning that native PowerPoint charts works on my installation with tables from QlikView and Qlik Sense.

I checked also your screenshot and they seems ok.

I suggest you to open a support ticket so a colleague can connect with you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please:

1. specify what version of Qlik NPrinting are you using
  2. specify what kind of template you are creating
  3. add some screenshots of your template

so we can better understand your issue. If you follow the videos and online help site you should be able to create native charts, so I suspect you are missing some steps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lapratt01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Qlik NPrinting February 2019

Version: 19.0.3.0

I have tried all the types of templates but here is a power point example.

pie chart visual from qlik sense app

clipboard_image_5.png

The connection has been created to this qlik sense app within nPrinting and I have created a power point template.  

Here is how i have my template set up.  I have unchecked the Keep Source Formats so I can show that I am getting the correct data from the table.  I have included the excel where I have only included the two table nodes that I want to appear in the chart.  I have tried using the pie chart, but it is empty as well.

clipboard_image_6.png

And here is the preview of the template.  The numbers are the same from the qlik sense app in the table and the chart is empty.

clipboard_image_4.png
The connect must be set up correctly since I am getting the correct numbers.  And the excel file only has these two fields and I am not receiving any errors when I preview the template.  The chart is just empty like there are no values. 

I would much rather create the charts in the template so I can resize them within the power point template so I can resize the chart and font to fit the report.  Using the qlik sense image is not an option because some of the visuals are too big and when i tr to resize them, they are truncated.
lapratt01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Here is the excel that is behind the power point.  

clipboard_image_0.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did many tests today on my Qlik NPrinting servers and I'm not able to reproduce. In the meaning that native PowerPoint charts works on my installation with tables from QlikView and Qlik Sense.

I checked also your screenshot and they seems ok.

I suggest you to open a support ticket so a colleague can connect with you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero