cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Formatted Pivot table using QlikView Objects

Hi All,

I have a question, And would love to have any sort of inputs. I already have done a throughout search in the community and could not find  any related post and want a way to sort this out.

I have a requirement, where I need to convert a QV object and convert into a formatted Pivot table which can be shared through N-printing. Using Macros the formatting would not be possible, thus the idea of N-printing was bought into picture

I have attached the Excel document which helps you understand it much better.(Sheet : Expected holds the data I need to bring up, Qlikview Object data is the data from a pivot table in Qlikview)

Problems I faced:

While using the  QV object, I did not have any flexibility of Row level or column level access so the editing was quite difficult.

If I broke down each of the table column (I put them into a table object so that they are accessible through N-printing, which led to a the columns to be independent of each other. which is again a problem to adjust)

And also the data is arranged in a hierarchical format. so the relationship and dependency is most important.

Please let me know if you have any ideas of getting out the best output of what data i have, Are there changes I need to make on the QV or the N-printing. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Put the data into a straight table in QlikView.

Import that chart as data into the Excel template

Populate an Excel pivot table from that data on a separate worksheet in the template

Format the Excel pivot table.

There's a tutorial here which shows you how to do it:

How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Put the data into a straight table in QlikView.

Import that chart as data into the Excel template

Populate an Excel pivot table from that data on a separate worksheet in the template

Format the Excel pivot table.

There's a tutorial here which shows you how to do it:

How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hope this works!! I am trying to implement using the steps. Would get back to you if I face more hurdles.

Thanks !!

Not applicable
Author

let me know and please mark as correct if it does work - that gives other community users a quick way to find answers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot it worked!! But I am checking on how to format/polish the data!! Can you share me few links too!

Not applicable
Author

it's all excel formatting.

try:

MrExcel Message Board