Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III

Creating table chart in n printing

Hi All,

I have a heavy table in qliksense having 40+ dimensions and a number of rows.
Due to the size of the data, it is consuming a long time to fetch the data or sometimes I am getting an error as the calculation is timed out.
As per the requirement, there should not be any limitations and the user needs whole data sets in the table.
Rather than building the table in qliksense, I am thinking to build the table in n printing because n printing engine capability is different.
Could you please suggest how to move ahead to work on this approach?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @deep2021

If you're Qlik Sense (QS) app is timing out on the QS server, then you may want to consider:

• Move calculated dimensions in your app to the Qlik Sense app load script
  • Checking the data model of the Qlik Sense app and see where you can reduce the number of synthetic keys. See here for more info: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/app-performance...
  • Creating a separate, dedicated QVF app for NP reporting purposes and removing/reducing the app to the years of data needed for reporting purposes.
  • Increase the RAM and CPU on the QS server to improve the performance of the QS apps that are hosted on your QS server. If the system resources are not sufficient on the QS server then you may need to consider increasing those resources

Please note that the entire QS app will be iterated through when called by NPriinting so creating your own NP table with QS source data may not solve the fundamental problems that might exist on your QS server or within the QS app itself.

The QS app and QS server must be in a healthy working state (apps should not be timing out) to be used efficiently with NPrinting reporting.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @deep2021

If you're Qlik Sense (QS) app is timing out on the QS server, then you may want to consider:

• Move calculated dimensions in your app to the Qlik Sense app load script
  • Checking the data model of the Qlik Sense app and see where you can reduce the number of synthetic keys. See here for more info: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/app-performance...
  • Creating a separate, dedicated QVF app for NP reporting purposes and removing/reducing the app to the years of data needed for reporting purposes.
  • Increase the RAM and CPU on the QS server to improve the performance of the QS apps that are hosted on your QS server. If the system resources are not sufficient on the QS server then you may need to consider increasing those resources

Please note that the entire QS app will be iterated through when called by NPriinting so creating your own NP table with QS source data may not solve the fundamental problems that might exist on your QS server or within the QS app itself.

The QS app and QS server must be in a healthy working state (apps should not be timing out) to be used efficiently with NPrinting reporting.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @deep2021 

I totally agree with Frank. If you want to move ahead with NPrinting first you have to fix performance issues in Qlik Sense. NPrinting is loading data directly from Qlik Sense so if you already have issues directly there additional load from NPrinting will only make things worse.

I strongly disagree with the statement from your post that : "Rather than building the table in qliksense, I am thinking to build the table in n printing because n printing engine capability is different." 

You need to know that majority of NPrinting performance is down to Qlik Sense performance as NPrinting is simply acting as a automated user exporting data from Qlik Sense, putting this data together on the template and sending it to users. Since all those steps still need to be done and are done in automated way it will put a lot more stress on Qlik Sense and I believe also you will experience report generation failures if Qlik Sense will time out on table generation.

So for you is back to drawing board as you need to fix your Qlik Sense performance. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.