Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Cycle Reports and Full Reports

Hello Community,

I successfully created my Nprinting report and Enabled cycle to generate four copies of the report, one for each Suite in the field I'm using for the cycle. However, I need also the full report, e.g. totals for the 4 Suites, in one report. Is there any way to achieve this without duplicate the report?

Regards,

Leo

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Leo 

The 'cycle' option is set at the report level and as such the only way to achieve your requirement is to uncheck the cycle check box and run the task again.

If you want to fully automate the process, you are correct that a second report would be necessary without the cycle check box selected.

I don't remember if NP Nov. 2017 (which by the way is no longer supported) allows you to export reports or not.

But if you upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting, this does certainly have the report export feature:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-export-repor...

So you can simply export the existing report, then import it again with a slightly different name ie: append v2 to the original name and uncheck the cycle on the imported copy of the same report.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Leo 

The 'cycle' option is set at the report level and as such the only way to achieve your requirement is to uncheck the cycle check box and run the task again.

If you want to fully automate the process, you are correct that a second report would be necessary without the cycle check box selected.

I don't remember if NP Nov. 2017 (which by the way is no longer supported) allows you to export reports or not.

But if you upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting, this does certainly have the report export feature:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-export-repor...

So you can simply export the existing report, then import it again with a slightly different name ie: append v2 to the original name and uncheck the cycle on the imported copy of the same report.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Leo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot Frank,

Sorry for the late reply. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!

Take  care @Leo