cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnolanhcf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cycle filter not working in nprinting Sept 17

I am using nprinting version September 2017, Qlik Sense version June 2017.

My test data has dimension Provider, two values A and B. In the nprinting report, cycle is enabled on field Provider. The zip file created has two files, Proms1ReportA.xslx and Proms1ReportB.xlsx. However the content of the files is identical - both have all records for both providers.

Is an extra step required to filter the data in each report to the cycle field?

Steps used to create nprinting report:

1. Created nprinting app Proms1.

2. Created connection Proms1Connection. Cache generated.

3. Created report, type excel. Cycle enabled. Cycle on Proms1Connection, Field Provider.

4. Edited report template, added table object (sense chart is a table, a simple list of Provider, wave, count), and dragged onto sheet.

5. Preview. Results as described above.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jnolanhcf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech

Your questions led me to create a super-simple version of the Sense app, for which the cycle filter worked. Further experiments showed the problem was an expression in the table which does not respond properly to filters in Sense. So now I know the problem that needs to be solved is in my work in Sense, not nprinting.

A couple of other learnings for me:

* when making changes in the Sense app, make sure to close it before reloading metadata in the Connection.

* for some reason my Sense app sometimes opens with a filter already set. I had inconsistent results when previewing my nprinting report. I worked around this by making sure the Sense app was open and no filters set before working in the nprinting report.

regards

Judith

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Would yo ube able to:

• screenshot your data model
  • screenshot your table and data used in it
    • master dimension (if it is master object - also screenshot master object definition) / dimension
    • measures (same as above)

It all depends how Qlik Sense app is build

Maybe there are some data island tables whichdrive normaly UI but in Qlik Sense they may not work

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jnolanhcf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech

Your questions led me to create a super-simple version of the Sense app, for which the cycle filter worked. Further experiments showed the problem was an expression in the table which does not respond properly to filters in Sense. So now I know the problem that needs to be solved is in my work in Sense, not nprinting.

A couple of other learnings for me:

* when making changes in the Sense app, make sure to close it before reloading metadata in the Connection.

* for some reason my Sense app sometimes opens with a filter already set. I had inconsistent results when previewing my nprinting report. I worked around this by making sure the Sense app was open and no filters set before working in the nprinting report.

regards

Judith

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I usually connect nPrinting to published Qlik Sense apps so the BASE SHEETS are not editable and cannot change by accident as it would lead to many issues with further development.

I am under impression you linked your NPrinitng to app in your WORK stream - correct if i am wrong.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jnolanhcf
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, it's in my work stream, not published. This is my first use of nprinting, a proof of concept really.  I'm using dummy data in a new/draft Qlik Sense app, which is probably why I hadn't noticed the error in my set expression.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So is it fixed now for you - if so  - please mark CORRECT answer and therefore close this topic, thanks

Lech