Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cycle with multiples connections

Hello,

I asked a question last week and I add a solution but now I realise that something is wrong in my case so I ask again.

My problem was :

I created a word report on nPrinting from Qlik sense and had to send it to different users depending on the site they were responsible for. The problem was that some users were resonsible for multiple sites and therefore had to receive multiple reports from the different sites for which they were responsible.

The anser I had was to use the cycles which worked perfectly until I realized that some data in my report was false.

I understood taht this was due to the fact that I was using data from several different connections.

Each connection has a variable called "siteName" but when I check the cycles box I have to choose a connection while I want "siteName" of all my connections to be selected. I think I have to link"siteName" of all my connections but I have no idea how to do it and if it's possible.

Currently the data in my report are correct for the elements from the connection selected in the cycles and all others are false.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I remember. 

In this case, with Qlik NPRinting 17+, the only solution is to create a single Qlik Sense app with the data from the apps you are using now and use the new app for reporting. The reason is that Linked Fields are not yet supported in 17+ series (June 2019) and we don't know if and when this gap feature with 16 serie will be covered.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
clemenceabad
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer Ruggero.

Best Regards,

Clemence