Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Cycling Emails In NPrinting

Hi,

Is it possible to cycle NPrinting outputs so that they create separate emails instead of just creating multiple attachments?

Thanks,

Scott

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

FYI, we figured out how to make this work. Each recipient/filter combination is loaded into the dashboard dynamically from a table in the QVW. These individual Recipients are also loaded into a single Recipient Group that contains all recipient/filter combination for that particular recipient. This group can be added to the Task as a Recipient allowing each combination to be distributed as a separate email.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Scott - do you mean a single recipient can receive multiple emails, each one containing a different version of the report?

Or multiple emails meaning you want to send a report to say, 10 recipient, each one containing a report with his/her slice of the data?

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stephen,

I'm trying to do the former. I need a single recipient to receive multiple emails each containing a different version of the same report with data sets based on a cycling field.

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

FYI, we figured out how to make this work. Each recipient/filter combination is loaded into the dashboard dynamically from a table in the QVW. These individual Recipients are also loaded into a single Recipient Group that contains all recipient/filter combination for that particular recipient. This group can be added to the Task as a Recipient allowing each combination to be distributed as a separate email.

Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking at something similar to this.  Every day I need to send a report to each user based on their previous day's performance.  This list changes daily and can range from 50-65 users.  I have a sessionID and a corresponding email address in my dataset.    I am struggling on working out how to cycle through 'sessionID'  field and send the report to each user separately.

Can anyone help??

Many thanks,

TJM

Not applicable

Is there some data condition which determines whether the person gets a report and the list of potential recipients stays relatively constant, then you can use conditions to determine whether a person gets a report or not.

An NPrinting condition tests (for instance) whether two variables are equal. If they are, then the report is sent. If not, no report is sent. This is tested for each user after the user's filters are applied. An example of this would be salespeople who cover a specific territory. You might want to send them monthly reports but only if sales in their territory were lower than same month last year.

Take a look at this tutorial (it uses NPrinting 16 screen shots but the basic concepts are the same in NPrinting 17).

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions

If it's just a constantly changing set of users, then the solution above should work.

Best

Aran

Not applicable

Hi Aran

Thanks for the reply.  At the moment, I'm successfully importing the correct list of recipients every day (roughly 50 recipients). 

Each recipient has a unique ID which also corresponds to the field which is Cycled through to create each report :

nprint_screen_shot.PNG

So, therefore I would like each recipient to receive a personal report where the Recipient ID matches the Cycled ID value.   I'm at a loss as these Conditions seem to be variable based... Is there a way to achieve this?

Many thanks,

TJM

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi scott,

I have same scenario, there are 100s of e-mail ids in my qvw but i need to send 1 excel report for different 5 users to single email id. How to get this done.???

Not applicable

The September 2017 release will have a "cycle" function which will create a separate file for every value of one or more dimensions. The cycle is applied after all filters are applied so if for instance you have a user with a filter for the France and Germany values of the Country field, but there are 10 values of the country field, using Cycle on Country would end up sending that user two files only. Both files would be attached to an email, saved to a directory... The feature also forces you to use dynamic naming so that the file names are something like:

reportname_fieldvalue1

reportname_fieldvalue2

You can access a technical preview here (log into community to get access):

Qlik NPrinting September 2017 Technical Preview