cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cycling in Nprinting

I am working on an nprinting report and wanted to use Cycling feature in nprinting 2018 version. I have two excel tabs in my nprinting template report. First tab shows all regions and their sales. second tab shows all regions, regional officers and sales. I wanted to enable cycling on this report based on region field. The problem here is I dont want cycling on the first tab which is regions and their sales summary. I wanted to keep first tab as is and cycling should be implemented on the second tab. Is that possible?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Applying cycle functionality is like applying filter to whole file you produce. So the feature you are asking is not sitting in NPrinting as you cannot have partially cycled file. 

There is a workaround though and it requires another set of objects in QlikView or QlikSense to support it.

Say your sales is defined as: Sum(Sales) in Qlik. 

For the first tab of your report you will have to create dedicated objects in Qlik which will ignore cycle field selection. This can be done using set analysis

So for your first tab objects you would implement Sum({<Region=>} Sales) to ignore region selection.

Then when you apply cycle - your output will produce single file for each region with 2 tabs. 1st tab will ignore region selection, so it will produce always all regions, second tab will work according to selection. Simple?

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Cycles create a different report file for each value of the field (or each combination of fields) used in the cycle. So each file if filtered by that value.

To reach your goal you don't need to use cycle but you need to apply a Page by region only to the second worksheet. Refer to this help site page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/NPrinting-Features...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I understand what you mentioned below. This applied if I dont want to schedule that report to different regional officers for the particular regions. My requirement is to schedule this report to different regional officers and each officer should get his own version based on region. To achieve that I have to use cycle option or user filter based on region. When i do that , filter gets applied to both tabs and I wanted to ignore the first one. Please let me know if this is achievable?

Thanks

zjadoonj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

I think you understood well. Is that the only way we can handle this requirement? my end goal is to schedule this report to every regional officer with their respective region on the second tab by user filter/cycling but first tab should stay as is with all regions summary and should not get filtered.  Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So yeah - in this case instead of cycle i would just use a recipient based filter and the method i described. That is the only way i can think of at the moment andi think it is also the simpliest.
Cheers
Lech
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.