Did you mean: 
selvakumara
Creator
Creator

Cycling not working for multiple fields

I want to generate Nprinting report based on two fields

Field Name 1 : Program 

Field Name 2 : Customer

I enable cycling for the above 2 fields. But , When I Preview the report. The word doc generated only for customers not Program. If I run both fields , it's working.

Also, I have 2 filters .

1. To fetch the particular Program name  - Always return 1 record.

2. To fetch particular customer based on Program Name.

I want 3 document to be generated. Two for customer and  one for Program Name. How can I do it?

@Daniele_Purrone  Qlik NPrinting  Qlik Sense  Qlik Data Catalyst 

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think your understanding of cycle fields is wrong. They are not executed independently but together. Please read documentation for more information.

When you set up cycles by Program and Customers it means that NPrinting will cycle through each combinations of both and report will be created with the name including both fields. Since you are using filter to filter only 1 program your cycle will be 1 filtered program together with all combinations of customers for that program. 

This is all working as designed!

If you want 3 documents to be created you need to create 2 reports and put them into single publish task

• 1 with the cycle by customer and apply filters to it
  • 2 with the cycle by program and apply filters to it

for details on how to use cycle go to https://help.qlik.com, navigate to NPrinting and version you are using and search for it in search.  

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.