cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonwithey
Contributor
Contributor

Data Table to Nprinting

Good morning, I have a simple data table in Qlik Sense that has coloured condition formatting. When I create an Excel report in NPrinting for this data table it loses the colours of the cells. Is there a way of retaining the colours please? I don't really want to create the conditional formatting in NPrinting or use a pdf format. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @simonwithey 

Please check the Qlik Sense link below for visualization color methods.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2019/SubSystems/Mashups/Content/Sense_Mashups/Create...

However, I've done something simpler to color and maintain the color formats.

I used an NPrinting image object for the table I need in my NPrinting report rather that the table object.

image object np temp edit.PNG

I modified the data 'properties/background color expression' for a measure and a dimension using either

• RGB format ie: rgb(255, 26, 26)
  • Primary color format ie: Yellow()

background color expressions.PNG

The colors are maintained in the report output.

report output.PNG

Note: If you are exporting the table exclusively (not exporting an image), you will find that exporting the chart directly out of Qlik Sense does not keep the color formats - only the data values.

NPrinting leverages the Qlik Sense table export feature. As a result, colors will not be present in the NPrinting report as well unfortunately since NPrinting leverages the QS table export functionality.

As such I would recommend using an image in your NPrinting report if that is feasible for your overall report requirement.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
simonwithey
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Many thanks for getting back to me. I/we'll give it a go. Thanks again

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I usually export data to excel and apply conditional formatting directly in excel. Sometimes i create additional column in qliksense to clearly indicate what colour/format i need to apply in excel. I export this column to hidden column in excel and use it as a reference for conditional formatting

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.