Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Date Formatting in Nprinting Report

Hi,

I have a straight table in QlikView that contains a date field - lets call it Openingdate.

This field is a true Date field (e.g. 43319) and displays in my QlikView model as 'DD/MM/YYYY'.

I include this straight table in my Nprinting model, so that I can create a pivot from this table, in Excel.

My problems is...

1. The date appears in a different format in Nprinting which I dont like e.g. MM/DD/YYYY and

2. in  the 'Base' straight table that I use to create the pivot from - even if I sort it, from within QV, the sorting is completely out in the Nprinting report (obviously I need it to sort by Openingdate, descending.

I have googled and tried everything I could find...and tried them all..

1. In the spreadsheet - where I define the 'base' table that the pivot reads from, I have formatted the fields as Date fields with my 'custom formatting' using Excel's option of formatting fields. Ran the report - date field still un-ordered and in the incorrect format.

2. In the Pivot itself,  I have also applied same formatting - with no luck.

So - my question is - if I un-tick 'Keep Formatting' for a field...do I need to put in something under that in the Format field? Also - how does it need to look? 'DD/MM/YYYY' with brackets? or how does it need to look?

Thanks a mil.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you remove the flag to the Keep Source Format option and you apply Excel formatting to the column? Would this work?

Could you share a .QVW with a sample of non-secret data and your template in order to let us to reproduce?

Could you add some screenshots as alternative?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

A quick one before I try sharing - so what you're saying is that I would apply the Excel formatting here on the column that I am basing the Pivot Field on? See pic

also I am assuming you are referring to the Actual field name in <INCIDENTOPENINGDATE_1>, and NOT the field marked by <deleterow>?

tHANKS

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, the field INCIDENTOPENINGDATE_1 should have the Keep Source Format check box unflagged, then you apply the Excel format to the column where you add the tag <INCIDENTOPENINGDATE_1>.

The tag <deleterow> is not a field tag, it indicates to Qlik NPrinting to delete the row where it is placed on the produced reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you.

My current problem is, I have several Straight Table objects that I use as source, in one sheet. So one column of the Excel sheet, actually represents a whole range of data fields (see pic)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests here and I'm not able to reproduce. In my installation, if I remove the Keep Source Format flag on the date column I can set the final format by Using Excel formatting features. So you need to repeat the operation for all columns you are exporting. 

The sorting order should be the same as in the source QVW. 

It is very hard to understand what is happening without a direct test. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero