Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date conversion problem in Nprinting

Hi ,

In Npriniting->excel Reports in formulas i am using an expression as "date(weekend(today(),0)-7,'DD-MMM-YY')" ,

I am using this formula to display date of weekend.

while in designing report it is showing correctly but after generating into excel report the date is showing the next day date.

ex:

consider as per my formula output date is 19-mar-16 but it is showing as 20-mar-16.

can anyone give solution to this problem?

thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Greetings,

I was able to duplicate your error.  Definitely peculiar.   I tried several variations of your formula in an Excel template without success.  I then tried using your formula in a power point template and it worked fine.  So, my conclusion is that Excel is not interpreting the formula the same way that Nprinting is.

You might try creating your formula in your QV app and assign it to a variable.  Then you can just drag the variable into your report as an already calculated date, thus eliminating the "mis-interpretation" of the formula by Excel.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

thks for the reply mike,

I tried as variable but still no improvement in results.

it is showing same results.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think you need to make sure the formula is evaluated in QV and only the result is passed to Nprinting.   If you are passing the variable formula to Nprinting, you get the same error. 

For example, do you have an = sign in your variable value.  See below

vDate Show.PNG

Create a text box in your QV app to test and see what your formula outputs.  This is =vDateShow

vDate Show Output.PNG

Hope that works for you